The Tax Collectors office values our relationship with our local dealers and title companies, and as such, we will provide the most effective and efficient service possible. In order to continue to provide the service that you are accustomed to, we have a Dealer Services Department that is focused on completing the work dropped off at our offices. Due to the increased demand for dealer/title company related services, the Tax Collectors office is making some changes to the way we process tag and title work that is dropped off by auto dealers/title companies and their representatives.
The following changes are effective May 3, 2021:
- Drop off time: Dealers/title companies may drop off their work at the designated location inside our offices Monday thru Friday. We will discontinue the drive-up option we have been providing. We also have a drop/mail box outside our offices which you may drop your work in (all work must be in a sealed envelope). The drop box is emptied once daily. All work dropped off must be completed and ready for processing.
- Masks: Must be worn in the office at all times.
- Turnaround time: The turnaround time for work dropped off is approximately 72 hours, this excludes weekends and days that our office is closed. Please remember that the turnaround time is something that we diligently strive for, but it is not a guarantee. Certain factors that are out of our control can delay processing.
- PASCO COUNTY DEALERS ONLY Front counter processing time: The time window for Pasco dealers/title companies to have their transactions processed over the counter will be Monday thru Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. We will not process dealer work after 4:00 pm. No Dealer Work will be processed on Saturdays. All work presented at the front counter must be completed in full and ready for processing. At this time, we will not be processing over the counter work for out of county dealers/title companies.
- Dealer transaction limits: The number of dealer/title company transactions processed over the counter for Pasco dealers will be two (2) per dealer/title company, per day. This limit includes all of our offices. Processing two (2) transactions at one office and processing more transactions at another office in the same day will not be permitted.
- Restricted transactions over the counter: All transactions involving Towing & Storage, Labor & Storage and Bonded titles must be dropped off. Due to the complex paperwork, we will not process over the counter. The turn around time for these transactions can be up to 30 days.
- Contact: You may contact the Dealer Services Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our office at (727) 847-8165, (352) 521-4360, or (813) 235-6020. If you are mailing in your dealer work to the office, please contact Motor Vehicle Services at email@example.com or call the numbers provided above and request to speak to the Motor Vehicle Services Department.
For Pasco dealers/title companies that choose to do a transaction over the counter, you may experience a longer wait than normal, as we continue to focus on our residents doing personal transactions in our office.