Concealed Weapons Permit Info
NOTICE: Due to an influx of Concealed Weapon Permit applicants, we are temporarily implementing a cut-off time of 4:00PM throughout our offices that offer Concealed Weapon Permit services.
Face Masks/Coverings are required when using Concealed Weapon Permit services. No exceptions can be made due to the close proximity with our Customer Service Representative.
We are accepting applications for new concealed weapons permits as well as concealed weapon renewals at our Gulf Harbors (4720 US HWY 19, New Port Richey, FL 34652) and Wesley Chapel (4610 Pet Ln, C 101, Lutz, FL 33559) and Dade City offices (14236 6th Street, Room 100 Dade City, FL 33523) ONLY. Concealed Weapons Permit services will be available Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Appointments for concealed weapons permit applications and renewals are not required and customers will be served on a first come first served basis. Fingerprints, photographs and related services will all be available to process new applications and renewals.
This service is now available on Saturdays for PASCO RESIDENTS ONLY (cut off time 11am or when maximum number of customers served).
We are now happy to announce the exclusive ability to print and issue Concealed Weapon Permit Renewals. Assuming all statutory criteria is met, customers will be able to walk out of our office with their renewal card in hand.
Applying for a Concealed Weapons Permit
Step 1 - Determine Eligibilty
- You must be 21 years of age or older
- You must provide training documents or Certificate of Firearm Proficiency. Click HERE for acceptable forms of training documents.
- Unless you are serving overseas in the United States Armed Forces, you must currently reside in the United States (US) AND be a US citizen or deemed a lawful permanent resident alien by Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). If you are serving overseas in the US Armed Forces, submit a copy of your deployment documentation with your application. Those who are ‘Resident Aliens’ must provide a valid Permanent Resident Alien card. US Citizens born outside of the United States must provide proof of citizenship.
- Reasons for ineligibility are listed HERE on the official FDACS website.
Step 2 - What Do I Bring With Me?
- A picture ID. A driver license or state-issued identification card is acceptable.
- A copy of a training document or other certificate that confirms that you are proficient with a firearm. Learn more HERE about the acceptable forms of training.
- Your payment. Licensing fees listed HERE
- If you have any questions regarding payments and fees, please contact us at: (352) 521-4338 or (727) 847-8032 or (813) 235-6076
For changes to your name, please provide a copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree or court documentation.
Born outside of the United States
If you were born outside the United States, or if you are a permanent legal resident alien, you will need to bring official documentation with you that confirms your citizenship status. Please review eligibility information concerning citizenship requirements HERE.
Law Enforcement Officers
If you are currently employed as a law enforcement officer, correctional officer or correctional probation officer with a Florida law enforcement agency and you are applying as such, you will need to provide a copy of an official document stating that you are currently employed with that agency as such.
If you are a retired law enforcement officer, correctional officer or correctional probation officer from a Florida law enforcement agency and you are applying as such, you will need to provide a copy of an official document that includes your date of retirement and the agency from which you retired. This does not extend to federal law enforcement or out-of-state law enforcement retirees.
If you have ever been arrested, you should bring certified copies of the court documentation reflecting the final disposition of the charge(s) filed against you.
Step 3 – Application Process
- Provide a valid Picture ID
- Provide Training Documents or Certificate of Firearm Proficiency
- You May Need Additional Documentation, If applicable;
- If you have ever been arrested, you should bring certified copies of the court documentation reflecting the final disposition of the charge(s) filed against you.
- If you were born outside the United States, or if you are a permanent legal resident alien, you will need to bring official documentation with you that confirms your citizenship status.
- The Concealed Weapon Intake System (CWIS) allows you to complete the following in our offices: submit your application, have your picture taken, scan your documents, and obtain images of your fingerprints.
- For other alternatives for submitting application, visit https://www.fdacs.gov/Consumer-Resources/Concealed-Weapon-License/Applying-for-a-Concealed-Weapon-License
- Pay the applicable fees. You can view the fees to obtain a Concealed Weapon License HERE
For more information please visit: